Featured Product Videos
The Pakedge SX-Series family of switches provide uncompromising top of the line performance with state of the art features. Designed around high performance while maintaining simplicity and architectural aesthetics, the SX series switches incorporate functional features and innovations aimed at commercial and technically complex residential projects. The SX24P is the 24 PoE/12 PoE+ port version of the SX family.
The Pakedge switches incorporate a number of features, technologies and innovations designed for optimum multimedia network performance.
Enterprise Grade Chipset
High performance switches start with the core. The engines powering the SX switches are enterprise grade high performance processors using switch on a chip (SoC) technology. Network processors are optimized to process AV network traffic at high speeds. They reduce the load on other system components by taking on many of the packet-based communications maintenance tasks such as general TCP processing, network address translation, and some encryption/decryption tasks. AV traffic management is a key function of the switch and the processor is the heart of that functionality. A high performance processor is critical to fast and accurate switching capabilities.
Fast and versatile ports
In addition to providing network connectivity, all 24 ports on the SX-24P provide PoE (15.5W), of which 12 are capable of providing PoE+ (25.5 W) output. The ability to provide dual power levels provides futureproofing and allows the switch to accommodate traditional and high power devices, now and in the future. As more and more devices as wireless access points, touch panels, control systems and VOIP telephone systems become PoE powered, the advantages provided by the SX switches become clear:
- The need for running electrical wires to new areas is removed entirely
- No more worrying about outlets, wiring, or surge protectors
- Maximum device placement flexibility as the constraint for electrical outlets nearby is removed
Designed for AV with Pakedge TruStream
Multimedia based networks have unique characteristics – the content or traffic is bandwidth intensive (video), low latency, and in some cases time sensitive. Multimedia content may be created on mobile devices, and just as likely to be consumed on those same devices. In addition, multimedia content are often delivered in either a broadcast (one to many) or multicast (one to select many) manner. In addition, it must be delivered error free and the connection must be continuously available for a transparent user experience.
SX switches incorporate TruStream™ technologies designed for seamless and efficient processing of multimedia traffic. This suite of technologies enhance speed, throughput, and traffic management and is ideal for systems with multicast and broadcast devices. These features include:
- Traffic prioritization – traffic is prioritized and delivered by device, port, or media type based on user configurable specification. Latency sensitive applications like streaming video and VOIP telephony can be prioritized ahead of traffic from less sensitive devices.
- Link aggregation – multiple network connections are combined in parallel to create a trunk capable of increasing bandwidth and carry more traffic than a single connection.
- Multicast/broadcast traffic management – IGMP protocols prevent mult-cast traffic from overwhelming the network and slowing the system to a crawl. IGMP snooping enables Pakedge managed switches to identify multicast traffic throughout the network and only pass it to the nodes that need it. IGMP query only enables nodes in the network to be identified as those that want to receive multicast traffic.
- Bandwidth management – flow control and rate limits increase throughput, ensure smooth operation for bandwidth heavy applications and prevent individual ports from sending more traffic than downstream ports can process.
VLANs Made Easy With Pakedge Zones
While VLANs can segment a network into multiple smaller networks and prioritize them, the configuration process can be difficult. Enterprise networks can support hundreds of VLANs, and managing them can be daunting. Pakedge Zones simplify VLANs for A/V networks by breaking them into six subnetworks: management, voice, audio/video, automation, data, and guest. Network ports on routers and switches under these subnetworks are color coded for easy identification.
Pakedge Zones™ make traffic segmentation easy - allowing multiple traffic types and even broadcast traffic from devices like IP security cameras to exist on the network without interference. They prevent traffic from flooding your network so that latency sensitive traffic like VoIP can maintain optimal performance.
Pakedge Zones can be assigned to fixed ports, or devices can be assigned to a specific Pakedge Zone, thus enabling ports to be used for multiple Pakedge Zones™.
Pakedge Zones™ can be used to provide enhanced network security by allowing users and devices to be separated onto different zones from sensitive network information.
The SX-Series makes Pakedge Zones simple with the drag-and-drop Pakedge Zone Wizard and Pakedge Zone Templates. See how they work.
Pakedge SX switches employ a variety of features to protect the security of your network. These features, when integrated with other Pakedge devices, provide an advanced multi-layer level of network security. These features include:
Access Control Lists – allow or block individual devices based on MAC and IP addresses to ensure only authorized devices connect
Denial of Service Defense – prevent external attacks that overload networks, shutting them down
ARP Spoofing Prevention – prevent attacks that tricks network equipment into believing that an unauthorized device is “trusted”
MAC Attack Defense – prevent an attack that exposes all devices within the network to external access
MAC Filtering – block or allow devices based on MAC address or port number
Port Based Network Access Control – integrates with corporate authentication servers to manage large numbers of devices
Worm Attack Defense – prevent viruses from spreading to vulnerable devices throughout a network
IP filtering – allow specific devices to pair to specific ports based on IP address, MAC address or port number
Featured Product Videos
Request a quote on: PAKEDGE SX-24P8
Thank you for submitting your Request! Our sales team will be reach out with a Quote shortly.