Featured Product Videos
The QSC CX254 is a 4-channel power amplifier, designed primarily in support of fixed installation sound systems. The 2RU rackmountable unit is surprisingly lightweight, and provides a customized integrated security cover.
Designed for a space and energy efficient working life in a facility rack, QSC has equipped the CX254 with a varispeed fan cooling system, featuring rear to front airflow exiting through the front panel grill, and the uniquely efficient Powerwave technology for the switching power supply. The Powerwave design sends current to the amp's power circuitry by charging the supply rails a staggering 230,000 times a second via a very low impedance circuit. The result is a consistently clean signal, and efficient, predictable power distribution that contributes to lowered thermal heat buildup and improved signal reproduction.
The CX254 is loaded with rear panel controls and front panel indicators, including dedicated, detented rotary gain control knobs, LF filter switches, and clip protection activation. An HD15 Dataport is located on the rear panel for computer-integrated remote control and system updating, using QSCcontrol software.
The CX254 incorporates the design, cost-effective operation, and performance features that QSC is able to implement after three decades of experience building amplifiers serving all professional sound markets.
- Lightweight 4-channel power amplifier with 170 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms
- Integrated security cover for "set and forget" tamper-proof installation
- Proprietary PowerWave switch-mode power supply technology for efficient performance and compact size
- Innovative Active Inrush Limiting design eliminates AC inrush current, eliminates cost of and need for expensive power sequencers
- Varispeed fan cooling with rear to front airflow and front panel grill
- HD15 DataPort connectors for QSControl computer software integration, control of installed setups
- Channels 1 and 2, 3 and 4 Bridged, Stereo, and Parallel switching
- Individual Channel DIP switch control for clip limiters, high pass filters, bridge-mono and parallel operation
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers, prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material
- Comprehensive protection circuitry includes DC, infrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- Dedicated front panel indicators include Signal, Clip/Protect, unique Bridge-Mono and Parallel LEDs
- Individual front panel 1 dB detented rotary gain controls for simplified, more precise settings
- Detachable Euroblock input connectors
- Unified Barrier Strip output connector